- Cutch celebrated being a Phillie with video
Cutch celebrated being a Phillie with video
- Phils exit Meetings mulling Bryce, Manny
The perception remains that eventually the Phillies will get crazy and drop a mountain of cash onto a superstar's doorstep this winter. Internally, however, that idea might not compute.
- Phils select Jackson in Rule 5, trade him to O's
The final day of the Winter Meetings begins with the annual Rule 5 Draft. Teams are only able to make a selection if they have space on their 40-man roster. The order is based on the reverse order of standings from the end of the 2018 regular season.
- As FAs start to sign, where do Phils stand?
The Phillies prioritized free-agent left-handers Patrick Corbin and J.A. Happ to boost their rotation this offseason, but Corbin last week signed a six-year, $140 million contract with the Nationals and Happ agreed to a two-year contract with a vesting op
- Cutch, Phillies make 3-year deal official
A source told MLB.com on Tuesday that the Phillies and Andrew McCutchen have reached an agreement on a three-year contract, pending a physical.
- The latest on Phillies' pursuit of Manny, Bryce
Manny Machado is scheduled to visit the Phillies next week in Philadelphia. The organization still wants Machado to be its third baseman. Sources maintain the Phillies prefer him over Bryce Harper.
- Agostinelli honored among Scouts of the Year
Each year at the Winter Meetings, the scouting industry gathers to celebrate some of their own at the Scout of the Year reception. The fact the recipients are chosen by their peers, scouts singling out other scouts, makes the honor even more special.
- Stark wins Spink Award for baseball writing
Longtime baseball writer Jayson Stark has been honored as the 2019 J.G. Taylor Spink Award winner, the Baseball Writers' Association of America announced Tuesday.
- Phillies not looking to deal Hernandez
Second basemen have flooded the free-agent market, so if the Phillies wanted to trade Cesar Hernandez, they might not get much in return. And it does not sound like Phillies general manager Matt Klentak wants to trade Hernandez, anyway.
- Kapler high on Harper, Manny as fits for Phils
Gabe Kapler cannot say too much, but there is no question he would love Manny Machado or Bryce Harper in the Phillies' lineup next season.
- Every team's current franchise icon
Today, we look at the franchise icons for each team -- the guy who, if he were traded, would break the hearts of the local fans. Some of them, to be fair, stretch the definition of "icon"; you'll notice that more frequently with clubs that are in the mids
- Each team's best 1st-rounder of the past decade
The release of the 2019 Draft Top 50 list had the MLB Pipeline staff thinking about Drafts in years past. Teams always want to get that first pick right and there have been some real home runs hit in the first round.
- Phils add lefty Alvarez in trade with Angels
The Phillies traded right-hander Luis Garcia to the Angels for left-hander Jose Alvarez on Thursday.
- Phillies expand Frandsen's role in booth
The Phillies announced Thursday that they have expanded Kevin Frandsen's role as an analyst. He will work 81 games alongside Scott Franzke.
- Segura showed off his Phillies gear
Segura showed off his Phillies gear
- Inbox: Do Phils prefer Harper or Machado?
Beat reporter Todd Zolecki answers fans' questions in a new edition of the Phillies Inbox.
- These are the top 50 prospects for the '19 Draft
The crop of talent for the 2019 Draft appears to be one of the most imbalanced in recent memory. Quality position prospects abound all over the diamond, while question marks surround the best pitchers available.
- How Segura brings new look to Phils' lineup
Jean Segura is not like any other hitters in the Phillies' lineup. Segura has hit at least .300 in three consecutive seasons, which no Phillies player has accomplished since Bobby Abreu (2002-04).
- Hoskins, Nola, Trout attend Eagles game
Hoskins, Nola, Trout attend Eagles game
- Phillies finalize trade with M's for Segura, others
Early Monday evening, a day after sources confirmed to MLB.com that the Phillies were on the verge of acquiring Jean Segura from Seattle, the clubs announced the deal, which also sends former Phillies right-hander Juan Nicasio and lefty reliever James Paz
- Phils still in for Manny, Harper after Segura deal
The Jean Segura trade will not take the Phillies out of the market for Manny Machado or Bryce Harper.
- Will Phils acquire Pazos' mustache in deal?
Will Phils acquire Pazos' mustache in deal?
- Arrieta gave up a big hit to his son
Arrieta gave up a big hit to his son
- Segura, Cano have amazing friendship
Segura, Cano have amazing friendship
- Herrera, Miggy's group workouts are the best
Herrera, Miggy's group workouts are the best
- Bour, Avilan non-tendered, become free agents
The Phillies cleared more room on their 40-man roster Friday, when they did not tender contracts to first baseman Justin Bour and left-hander Luis Avilan before the 8 p.m. ET deadline. They now have 36 players on the roster.
- These top prospects could draw trade interest
Which prospects are realistic candidates to be traded this offseason? Here is a look at one player from each organization.
- Phillies' Top 30 Prospects list
Who do the Phillies have in the pipeline? Get scouting reports, video, stats, projected ETAs and more for Philly's Top 30 Prospects on MLBPipeline.com's Prospect Watch.
Team News: Philadelphia Phillies
Live Sports Schedule
Weekday Programs & Podcasts
6-10am: Golic & Wingo
10am-1pm: Dan Le Batard & Stugotz
1-3pm: Schofield on Sports
3-6pm: Will Cain
6-9pm: Spain & Fitz
9pm-1am: Freddie & Fitzsimmons
1-4am: SportsCenter AllNight
4-6am: First & Last